Monday, September 22, 2008

Again About Hair...

Monotonous life is soooo boring and makes me pessimistic and be in a bad mood. Moreover, it's autumn now, the time of depression. So, I have a great desire to change my image or something in my appearance. I want to do something with my hair. Actually, I don't have enough time to straighten my hair every morning before going to work. So, I want to try a professional chemical treatment.
I visited my stylist who is rather professional in it. The process can be of three types: relaxation, thermal reconditioning and brazilian hair treatment. It was interested to know that the ralaxation is a very good treatment for naturally curly-haired people and it takes only an hour while the result of it can last from three to six months. Isn't it great? But the only minus of it, perhaps, is that some relaxers can pose potential concerns like skin irritation and hair damage, including breakage and dryness.
The second opportunity to straighten hair is thermal reconditioning, also known as Japanese straightening, involves a combination of chemicals and heated irons. The process affects hair cuticles, making hair straight and shiny. Though chemicals remain on the hair for about 20 to 25 minutes, thermal reconditioning takes four hours from start to finish. That’s because the stylist irons your hair in tiny sections (a quarter of an inch at a time). After the process, hair can stay straight for six to 10 months. WoW! But thermal reconditioning poses several safety risks. Specifically, some women who've had this treatment suffered hair damage or even hair loss.
And the third method is is a newer straightening technique that’s become very popular, because it works well with many hair types. It's the so-called "Brazilian Hair Treatment " under the brand of Brazilian Keratin Treatment, Brazilian Blowout and Brazilian Hair. This treatment takes one and a half to four hours.
Weighing all the pros and cons of the methods I desided to try the first one: Relaxars (as I'm still afraid of doing experiments with my hair).

No comments: